Sandy Bottom Park features a free Par 3 golf course. To get to Sandy Bottom Park from Route 42 (Main Street), turn onto College Street and follow it east until you get to the end of the street. You will then be facing the Sandy Bottom Park sign. Turn left and continue past the town maintenance building to the parking area. The first tee is on your left.
Highlights of the park include:
- Nice views of the North River and many mature riverbank trees
- Nine-hole three-par course
- Practice putting green next to the parking area
- Rest room facilities and drink vending machines
- Beautiful redbud trees next to the seventh tee (the “redbud tee”)
The park was damaged in a 1996 flood, but has recovered nicely in the years since.