|SHOW & TELL: A SEMINAR ON WATCHING MOVIES
DR. DREW TROTTER, PRESIDENT CENTER FOR CHRISTIAN STUDY
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (http://www.studycenter.net)
SEVEN QUESTIONS FOR FILM DISCUSSION
The following are seven questions that one can ask of a film's
worldview which help develop discussion along meaningful lines. These are
of course not the only questions to ask of a film, but they are a good
place to begin in order to talk about life's deepest questions.
1) WHAT IS ITS VIEW OF TRUTH, GOODNESS AND BEAUTY?
2) WHAT IS ITS VIEW OF THE NATURAL AND THE SUPERNATURAL?
3) WHAT IS ITS VIEW OF MORAL AUTHORITY?
4) WHAT IS ITS VIEW OF THE PURPOSE OF THE UNIVERSE AND OF MANKIND?
5) WHAT IS ITS VIEW OF THE NATURE AND SIGNIFICANCE OF MANKIND?
6) WHAT IS ITS VIEW OF EVIL?
7) WHAT IS ITS VIEW OF THE SOLUTION TO MANKIND'S PROBLEMS?
Back to Visual Manipulation
Back to Film Homepage