It’s time for the annual Bridgewater Buzz snow prediction contest. Here’s how it works:
1. In a reply to this post, enter your guess of the date of our first snowfall of one inch or more — not counting October 29!
2. The snowfall will be measured by the incorruptible Mrs. Webmaster in our front yard in Bridgewater.
3. When the inch of snow has fallen, the webmaster will announce the winner on Bridgewater Buzz and will also send email if an address is available.
4. The prize will include a gift certificate to a local business. We are trying to contact the elusive Treeman to see if a wreath can also be included. If you have a business and would like the free advertising and goodwill that would come from donating a prize, send email to the webmaster.
5. The contest ends December 20. If we have not had a qualifying inch of snow by December 20, the winner will be chosen by a random drawing.
Finally, if you’re a past contributor to Bridgewater Buzz, your user ID may have been lost in the fall hack attack. No personal data was compromised but some IDs were wiped out. If you can’t log on to contribute, send email to the webmaster. Note that you do not need an ID to enter this contest — just enter your guess as a reply to this post. Good luck, guessers, and thank you for supporting Bridgewater Buzz!